Tel. : +3024210-7-4155
- Geology for Engineers
- Engineering Geology and Rock Mechanics
- Deep Foundations and Retaining Diaphragms
- Geological and geotechnical design parameters of civil engineering projects against geohazards
Degree in Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUT), Department of Geology (1990)
M.Sc., Technical University of Crete (TUC), Department of Mineral Resources Engineering, Sector of Mining Technology,Laboratory of Rock Mechanics(1997)
Doctoral degree, Department of Civil Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2002)
1. Sapora A., Efremidis G., and Cornetti P., “Non-local criteria for the borehole problem: Gradient Elasticity versus Finite Fracture Mechanics”, Meccanica, doi: 10.1007/s11012-021-01376-6, (2021).
2. Sapora A., Efremidis G., and Cornetti P., “Comparison between two nonlocal criteria: A case study on pressurized holes”, Procedia Structural Integrity 33, 456–464, doi: 10.1016/j.prostr.2021.10.052, (2021).
3. Efremidis G., and Tsagrakis I., "A new gradient elasticity model for the elastic boreholes", ISRM International Symposium EUROCK 2021 – Mechanics and Rock Engineering, from Theory to Practice 20-25 September 2021, Turin, Italy, IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, Volume 833, doi: 10.1088/1755-1315/833/1/012188, (2021).
4. Efremidis G., Tsagrakis I., and Aifantis E.C., "An elastoplastic axisymmetric borehole problem using a deformation theory of gradient plasticity", Geomechanics and Geoengineering – An International Journal, doi: 10.1080/17486025.2020.1827160, (2020).
5. Efremidis G., Chen H., Tsagrakis I., Aifantis E.C., Qi Ch., “Circular tunnel in a gradient elastoplastic rock mass”, 14th International Congress on Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering (ISRM), (ID 14362), Iguassu Falls, Brazil (2019).
6. Chen H., Qi Ch., Efremidis G., Dorogov M., Aifantis E. C., “Gradient elasticity and size effect for the borehole problem”, Acta Mechanica 229, pp. 3305-3318, (2018).
7. Efremidis, G., Avlonitis, M., Konstantinidis, A. and Aifantis, E.C., “A statistical study of precursor activity in earthquake-induced landslides”, Computers and Geotechnics 81, pp. 137-142, (2017).